Though it’s usually the sub-zero temps that drive us to embrace the be-stockinged life this time of year (since we refuse to give up wearing heels in the winter months, we’ll usually take any layer we can get), but these balmy winter days leading up to the holidays have us in a slightly different frame of mind. A racier frame of mind. Our favorite frame of mind. The frame of mind that switches out thick wooly tights in favor of slinky, silky, stunning stockings + suspenders. Here, our top 10 best reasons to go garter this season:
1) It’s our favorite secret to keep, no one needs to know but us.
2) The power of the back seam.
3) The grown-up version of: “Their stockings were hung by the chimney with care”.
4) Nothing is hotter than a subtle under-the-table-date-night reveal of a suspender clasp. Check please.
5) FIVE GOLDEN RINGS
6)We’ve used up all of our vacation days and wearing stockings to work is a great escape.
7) We’re always ready for a Marilyn moment.
8) Crossing and uncrossing your legs in silks feels super luxe.
9) Three words: Full. Matching. Set.
10) Stockings make it easier to be naughtier. We’ve got to earn those lumps of coal somehow.