Like Miss Marilyn Monroe in this classic Avedon shot, we’ve never been ones to shy away from a glass of bubbly—and by bubbly we mean the delicious, sparkling, celebration-in-a-glass-hailing-from-the-region-of-Champagne (if we’re being picky and we have our way). From the pop of the cork (one of the best sounds in the world, IMHO) to the steady stream of golden bubbles, we’d be hard pressed to find a reason NOT to enjoy Champagne. With it being the holidays and all, we’re practically given the green light to pop bottles…lots of bottles. Below, a hit list of our go-to bubs for drinking, toasting, and gifting. (Champagne is still the number one hostess gift at our house). Also, don’t be afraid to pair champers with more than oysters…we hear it goes nicely with suspenders and this playlist.
Meet you under the mistletoe/disco ball/moon.
5. Billecart-Salmon Brut Reserve – NV. Dry. Floral. Perfection. We could drink it by the bucket.
4. R.H. Coutier, Blanc de Blancs, Brut – NV. Fruit-forward like this little number.
3. Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label. No list is complete without a nod to the Widow Cliquot.
2. Ruinart Brut Rose NV. A beautiful rose from the oldest Champagne house.
1. Diebolt-Vallois Fleur de Passion au Cramant. “It is only made in the very best years.” (That line sells itself.) We recommend opening a bottle and wrapping/unwrapping in this.