Shop our favorite wireless bras.
We love a good bralette. A little strip of French lace, a pop of bold fashion color, an effortlessly easy lingerie silhouette to layer under those Saturday-morning-brunch-and-then-the-flea-market scoop arm tanks and floaty sheer dresses we practically live in during the summer months. There’s just something about the ease of a wireless bra that makes us feel like the weekends will never end (we’ll get behind anything that does that). The wireless bra is a lingerie staple for A + B cups, for sure, but the question that our in-store fit experts often get (like, everyday) is: Can fuller cups wear softbras? The answer, of course, is: Of course! But, as in all things, not all softbras are created equal, and, since wireless bras, ahem, don’t feature underwire support, bralettes for full cups need to get their architecture elsewhere. Here are a few of our favorites and why. B cups and beyond, get thee to brunch!
Longline Bralette: The additional band of corseted support built in to longline softbras anchors the wireless bra against the body allowing for lingerie lift and va-voom without underwire.
1. The Fortnight Ivy Longline Bra: Bras from Canadian lingerie line Fortnight Lingerie feature a full-yet-plunging cup with a single seam running from the fullest area of the cup to the top. Their longline bras are also sized band/cup, and go up to an E cup. (Rejoice!)
2. Eberjey Pattern Play Longline Bralet: This longline softbra from Eberjey has no closure and slips on over the head, and the wide bands of stretch lace are as lovely as they are wearable.
3. Else Petunia Triangle Longline Bra: Wide panels of gorgeous lace and mesh openwork offer a stunning-against-the-body take on traditional construction, and a wide hook-and-eye closure holds the bralette against the body.
Racerback Bralette: Racerbacks and/or straps that cross in the back in reality function like simple machines. Instead of pulling straight up (and stretching out fast), the diagonal force of the straps disperses the support required by fuller cups.
1. Base Range Lady Bralet: A wide band of elastic, three-part cup construction, and crossover, adjustable all-the-way straps give this softbra extra shaping potential.
2. Bordelle Cabaret Triangle Softbra: With directional, adjustable, bondage-inspired straps outlining the ruched power-mesh sortbra cups, this one is a boudoir stunner that feels totally at home under a t-shirt.
3. Eberjey Colette Racerback Bralet: Another lacy bralette that slips on over the head, the wide panel of lace in the back offers extra support and looks super lovely peeking out from under dresses.
Beyond-Basic Bralette: Whether its a light t-shirt bra molding, wide-panel cups, or ruched shaping, these beyond-basic softbras are a bit more constructed, not just a single triangle of sheer lace.
1. dMondaine Jane Contouring Bra: This super constructed longline basic features multiple layers of structured mesh, serge-finished for lie-flat oomph. The way the hems scoop up at the side of the cups act like corsetry, putting the girls front and center, while the ruched crossover panels at the plunge center keep everything lying flat and under control.
2. Natori Understated Wireless Contour Bra: The wireless version of Natori’s classic Understated T-shirt bra features the same lightly molded, innovative cottony material and classic fit, it also features slightly wider cups and a longer band to compensate for its lack of wire. For wireless support AND coverage, this one can’t be beat.
3. Addiction Nouvelle Triangular Bra: Slightly fuller coverage than your average triangle softbra this one has the best of both worlds. Long triangle cups are finished with delicate gathering all the way along the band, for shaping without seaming, and the mesh paneled “trim” stops overflow.